Kitsch

Kitsch

It All Started Off with Alice & Olivia Delhi

A liking that borders on obsession is a hard secret to keep. So, its time I come out with mine. I have a thing going for bags which has gone beyond obsession. As with all things ‘obsession’, the trigger can’t be tracked down, but my tryst with what set it all off, Alice & Olivia Delhi, can’t be lost to anything.

It was a bright sunny day when I chanced upon a piece of tanned leather stacked up at Kitsch, Defence Colony, which had just launched DVF in India. I can’t be very sure of whether it was the ruggedness, capaciousness, or the tanned shoulder straps that made the classy look grow over me. All I can recall is being dead in my tracks, absolutely hooked on.


Let me admit, I was no fashion pundit at the time (I am not much of it anyway), but knew it right away that this is the stuff that a happy-go-lucky girl like me would freely tag along no holds barred. It’s the sort of marquee thing that draws eyeballs instantly and easily houses whatever is thrown in.

Moreover, it plays the perfect foil to a horrible knack of stuffing up, which’s what I do to my eye gear, makeup, credit cards, chocolate bars, wet wipes-whole ‘caboodle’ is a must with me. I must confess I am highly driven by impulse, and though the friend’s trusted, I am not the one you would ideally like leaving your personal stuff with.

Also, being my favourite comes at a price and who better than my first Alice & Olivia Delhi pick to vouch for that. I have done almost everything shabby--thrown it around, dumped stuff with or without reason, awkward grabs, and yet, stays by me unchallenged like the perfect right-hand man.

No comments:

Post a Comment